Atlas Holdings is a diversified group of manufacturing, distribution, service and trading businesses that operate in the building materials, capital equipment, energy, industrial services, packaging, pulp, paper, and tissue, steel, and logistics, supply chain management and distribution segments. With a unique and focused approach, we have built our companies and entered new industries, centered around investing in businesses undergoing complex financial and operational challenges, developing exceptional management teams joined by a shared set of values and common culture, and deploying the Atlas operating system.
Our objective is to build strong companies that consistently outperform their peers and generate sustainably high returns on invested capital over the long-term. Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, we have 13 investment professionals, more than 50 Operating Partners and more than 8,500 employees, as well as a strong balance sheet and substantial liquidity.
We bring financial, operating and transactional expertise to our investments. We work closely with management teams and our Operating Partners to invest in companies facing complex situations, including:
- Complex corporate carve-outs
- Bankruptcy, receivership or broken auctions
- Debtor-in-possession financing
- Equity infusions or recapitalizations
- Environmental, legal or regulatory issues
- Out-of-favor industries
- Significant operating problems
We understand the need for expediency and certainty and we can move quickly with owners, lenders, management teams or brokers to generate creative solutions that satisfy the needs of sellers and their related constituencies.
- Up to $100 million of equity capital in any individual transaction.
- Manufacturing, distribution and service companies experiencing significant financial or operational distress in sectors where we have expertise.
- We are not reliant on historic financial performance as the sole means for understanding asset value or scale of an opportunity.
- Agricultural products/services
- Building materials
- Business services
- Capital equipment
- Industrial distribution
- Metal fabrication and forming
- Pulp, paper, and tissue
- Specialty metals
- Transportation and logistics
- Waste management
- Wood products