Atlas Holdings is a diversified group of manufacturing, distribution, service and trading businesses that operate in the automotive, building materials, business solutions, energy, industrial services, metals, packaging, pulp, paper, and tissue, and logistics, supply chain management and distribution segments. With a unique and focused approach, we have built our companies and entered new industries, centered around investing in businesses undergoing complex financial and operational challenges, developing exceptional management teams joined by a shared set of values and common culture, and deploying the Atlas operating system.
Our objective is to build strong companies that consistently outperform their peers and generate sustainably high returns on invested capital over the long-term. Headquartered in Greenwich, CT, we have 17 investment professionals, more than 50 Operating Partners and nearly 21,000 employees, as well as a strong balance sheet and substantial liquidity.
We bring financial, operating and transactional expertise to our investments. We invest globally and have the demonstrated ability to address the many unique challenges of complex, multi-jurisdictional transactions. We work closely with management teams and our Operating Partners to invest in companies facing complex situations, including:
- Complex corporate carve-outs
- Bankruptcy, receivership or broken auctions
- Debtor-in-possession financing
- Environmental, legal or regulatory issues
- Out-of-favor industries
- Significant operating problems
- Distressed debt purchases
- Take private transactions
We understand the need for expediency and certainty and we are able to move quickly with owners, lenders, management teams or brokers to generate creative solutions that satisfy the needs of interested parties. We have diligenced and closed transactions in 60 days or less.
- Up to $100 million of equity capital in any individual transaction.
- Manufacturing, distribution and service companies experiencing significant financial or operational distress in sectors where we have expertise.
- We are not reliant on historic financial performance as the sole means for understanding asset value or scale of an opportunity.
- Automotive supply
- Building materials
- Capital equipment
- Construction and contracting
- Foundry and metal forming
- Industrial services
- Logistics and shipping
- Metals and mining
- Pulp and paper
- Steel fabrication
- Specialty metals
- Trading and distribution